Accumulating Chain Conveyor
This chain conveyor system can handle high loads at accumulating speeds of up to 24 m/min and has the facility to double speeds to 48 m/min.
The Accumulating Chain Conveyor is ideally suited to dedicated manufacturing lines and general materials handling for light to heavy products such as white or brown goods and automotive products.
Systems are available to circulate platens around the site stopping automatically at operator stations.
The Accumulating Chain Conveyor is particularly suited for systems which require accumulation and queuing.
- Modular design with standard Components.
- Specially designed alluminium extrusion with ‘T’ slots
- High load per drive (up to 6000kg per drive)
- Double speed facility
- Can operate at variable speeds
- Low accumulating pressure, less than 2%
- Conveyor Chain with high quality components
- Loaded chain runs on double UHWMP wear strips and returns enclosed in the aluminium extrusion
- Conveyor fitted with adjustable feet
- Easy and cost effective to configure to specific requirements
- Robust system with positional flexibility
- Fewer drives required giving a cost effective system
- Products can be accelerated locally between stations to reduce transport time and increase productivity
- Work stations can be easily incorporated into the system
- Safer operation as platens can be easily stopped
- Improved life expectancy and reduced maintenance
- Quiet operation and reduced maintenance
- Conveyor height can be adjusted without unbolting from the floor
|Speed Range||Up to 30m/min|
|Conveyor Width||As required|
|Max load per drive||Up to 6000 kg|
|Frame||Aluminium extrusion with 'T' slots. Chain 3⁄4" triplex with central roller chain running on double wear strips of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene
|Conveyor Chain Roller||Available in acetal for low noise and low platen wear or steel for heavy duty conditions.|
|Direction Changes||Chain cross transfers, conveyor turntables, conveyor lifts, conveyor shuttles and powered roller bends.|
|Stops||Mechanical escapements, blade stops and pneumatic stopper cylinders.|
|Platen / pallet positioning||Lift locates to +/- 0.1mm, lift rotates, lift tilts.|
Turnkey packages can be provided which includes design, manufacture, installation, commissioning, servicing, full control systems and bespoke pallets & tooling.